1. Take a card.
2. Follow the instruction.
3. What happens?
There are several reasons why I think Magda Lipka Falck's travel cards are the perfect addition to this project. We were initially inspired by The Lonely Planet Guide to Experimental Travel and Madga's project is a similar take on an alternative way of experiencing familiar places or discovering new places.
"There are many different types of travel. Sometimes they carry us right across the globe, sometimes out into space and sometimes just around the block. Sometimes there is a journey going on inside us.
I have created a travel guide that is situated somewhere in the middle. A travel guide that will hopefully lead you to places you have never seen before – though you may visit them every day. A place you have forgotten, a place you have never searched for or a place that does not exist."
I also feel like introducing different media on this blog. So far it's been a photography project. How about adding storytelling? Videos? Why not paintings or drawings?
I picked 14 cards out of the entire set and these cards will be travelling with Zadie ; up to the participants to choose which ones they want to use.
Here are my favourite ones:
• Ask the next person that you meet where his/her favourite street is. Go there.
• Buy a postcard. Write down a description of the sky today. Send the card to someone you haven't met in long time.
• Get/Give card: Ask someone to give you a memory in exchange for a dream.
• Buy or pick a flower or a balloon. Give it to someone in exchange for a piece of advice.
• Buy coffee for a stranger.